The Betty Body
Women are not little men, but that’s how we treat our bodies.
In The Betty Body, Dr. Stephanie Estima provides a step-by-step guide to caring for your feminine body, teaching you:
- How to go from treating your period as an archenemy to celebrating its arrival every month
- The different types of orgasms you should be having and why they’re so important for female health
- How to eat in a way that honors your menstrual cycle, through menopause and beyond
- How morning routines are sexist, and how you can structure one that honors your unique biology
- How to build beautiful, lean muscle based on your menstrual cycle, even in menopause
- Why fats and carbohydrates are not evil, and how to use them strategically to your metabolic advantage
Whether you want to lose weight, balance your hormones, or just stop hating your period, The Betty Body is your blueprint for your best feminine health.
Press & Praise
"This book is an enjoyable, highly readable guide for any woman to learn how to take care of her body-from stress to intuitive eating to honoring her natural cycle as a woman. Dr. Stephanie's fun and engaging style of writing makes this a joy to read, and I know this is going to be life-changing for all women out there on a quest for better health!"
"Dr. Stephanie is starting a movement with this book by reclaiming female wisdom and blending it with modern science. It is truly geek meets magic. It feels like she is your best friend, giving you the lowdown on the subjects you have always wondered about but were too afraid to ask."
"What do you get when you blend modern science, ancient female wisdom, and a dash of humor? You get magic so potent it's hard not to devour each and every page in one sitting. Dr. Stephanie delivers her geeky wisdom on how to take care of yourself and is someone who gets you when others haven't. If you feel like you've hit a wall in life and are looking for greater energy, a thriving metabolism, and to stop being at war with your body and food, then look no further. This is a book that is about building a strong foundation to thrive and taking radical responsibility that an army of 'Bettys' needs to pave the way for other women to follow. One thing is for sure: you will walk into this book and strut your way back out."